Choosing to remodel your kitchen is a significant investment worth making. Whether your home is an established home or a newer build, kitchen remodeling and updating will benefit the efficiency, ambiance, and overall value of your home.
Professional kitchen remodeling is a wonderful way to step away from the one-size-fits-all kitchen functionality and layout.
The great news: the kitchen remodeling world is your oyster waiting to be served on a silver platter.
Where the Excitement Begins
Because kitchen remodeling includes many intricate stages, it is good to acquaint yourself by budgeting items that you can and cannot live without. For example:
- Appliance preferences include colors, finishes, and measurements. These might include:
- Ovens – single, double, gas, electric, microwave
- Flooring preferences including color and patterns desired. These might include:
- Engineered wood, laminate wood, and other wood types like bamboo
- Stone, marble, porcelain tile, masonry
- Lighting options include color, finishes, and styles. These might include:
- Recessed lighting
- Countertops, island tops, and other usable surface preferences: These might include:
- Cabinetry style preferences and colors. These might include:
- Wood, metal, or other composite materials
- Traditional, modern, European, or another international flare
- Basic, ornate
- Fixture preferences include a sink, stove, and cabinetry. These might include:
- Faucets, including a pot-filler or swing-out faucet
- Sink soap dispenser
- Cabinet pulls and knobs
- Built-in water and beverage refrigerator
- Spare refrigerator and freezer
- Convection oven
- Hidden trash space with a counter entry hole
Other Important Factors
Make sure the type of remodeling desired is permitted in your area. County and city ordinances involving gas, electricity, and water will need to be reviewed prior to the job.
Have conversations about any toxic materials or organic matter being removed, such as asbestos in ceilings and mold and mildew in cabinets or under flooring.
Deciding on as many of these components early on will help ease stress and leave room for any changes that may become necessary. Working closely with your friendly kitchen remodeling professional is a great formula for success. Between you and your kitchen remodeling professionals, you can get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted that will last you for years to come. Contact us today to get started and begin your kitchen remodeling in Northeast Philadelphia.